While attending the CSUN 2012 conference you will probably want to do the following things:
- Find and then communicate with other conference participants.
- Explore places around you and/or let others know where you currently are.
- Let the rest of the world know about your experiences at the conference.
If you are an iPhone,iPod Touch, or iPad user, 3 accessible apps will allow you to accomplish the tasks listed above. Best of all? All of them are free!
Below we will list those apps along with the information for non-iOS users.
HeyTell Walkie-Talkie app:
Exchange audio messages with your friends in real-time. It’s faster than typing!
Join the CSUN Specific HeyTell Public Chat
Courtesy of HeyTell developers, there will be a public relay chat that any CSUN participant can join. The group chat should be available starting Feb 27th.
To sign in to the public chat, please make sure to:
- Install HeyTell
- After the app has been installed, click on the following link: http://heytell.com/g/?rn=csun12
- Follow the instructions to complete the registration.
When CSun conference is over, the group chat will automatically expire, so you won’t have to do anything to unregister.
Explore your surroundings and share your location with others.
There is a mobile web site as well for those who do not use iPhone or Android phones: http://m.foursquare.com.
Share your experiences with the rest of the world
Mobile version of the web site for those users who do not use iPhone or Android phones: http://m.twitter.com.
Use #CSUN12 (hashtag) to broadcast your impressions from the conference to the world.
Use @YahooAccess to include Yahoo! Accessibility in your tweets.
Enjoy the conference!
- Welcome to San Diego, CSUN 2012 Attendees!
- An Introductory Set of Accessible Mobile Applications
- The Librarian: Accessibility on iOS: Make an App for Everyone
Tags: a11y, Accessible App, Accessible Apps, App, Applevis, Conference App, CSUN, CSUN Conference, CSUN12, disability, foursquare, heytell, iTunes, relay, relay chat, San DIego, Twitter, Yahoo! Accessibility, yahooaccess