People with disabilities are often a victim of bullying. This month is National Bullying Prevention Month. Let’s stand together against bullying.
Last week we attended and presented at Web 2.0. While we were in New York, we had a chance to meet Tommy Edison aka The Blind Film Critic. You probably would not be surprised to hear that he is equally as incredible in real life as he is online.
Ladies and Gentleman, Apple has done it again. The iOS 5 update includes new innovative accessibility features. For those of you who were able to get the iPhone 4s, you now have a new friend in your life, Siri.
- Wall Photos
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Join us in taking a stand against bullying!
- Can you hear me now?
Crybaby or visionary? When is speaking up whining, and when is it the spark of innovation.
- Great example of an accessible advertisement
- Muscular Dystrophy PSA
After watching this video, you will be 100% convinced to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association!
- WHAT NOT TO SAY TO A BLIND PERSON
What are some non visual ways of determining a liar?
- EyeWriter Initiative
Tempt is a graffiti artist with ALS who uses an eye tracking software to draw
- The Tommy Edison Experience: Blind Man Goes Car Shopping – Vol 1
Watch this video to see what happens when a blind man goes car shopping
- Hearing Loss Should Be Addressed in People with Alzheimer’s
Sensory deprivation, whether visual or audio, can impact the lives of people with Autism.
- Deaf US swimmer makes it to big stage at Pan Ams
Marcus Titus uses his deafness as an advantage. It helps him focus while racing. It helped him win a Bronze medal in the Pan Am Games
- Make Your Small Business Accessible: A Quick Guide
Pass this article to small businesses that need to fix their inaccessible web sites. It has several tips that can help those without much web resources.
- Videos of screen readers using ARIA
Are you curious about how ARIA sounds to a screen reader? Here’s a nice collection of videos, including some of ours.
- Gallaudet University to star in mtvU series
Next week, @mtvU will be launching a “Real World” type show, with the following hook: the stars are Gallaudet students who are deaf. What do you think?
- Beyond the Battlefield: Rebuilding Wounded Warriors
This multipart series focuses on individual soldiers and their recovery from disabling injuries.
- Store Buyout
This project is not accessibility oriented, however it shows how a few friends were able to make a big impact on on person’s life. How can you share that spirit?
- Up close with iOS 5: Accessibility features
Disabled or not disabled, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the new, extremely useful, accessibility features in the iOS 5 update… guarantee you will use at least one of them!
- Disability News: Mind control, TV census and a ‘fire hazard’
Guess what!? We just posted our second ever Disability News post… Check it out!
- Watch the Mojave Mile from a diesel drag truck built for quadriplegics
1,000 horsepower racing truck that is designed to be driven by a quad. Watch this and other cars race down a mile long race track.
- 29-Year-Old Deaf Woman Hears Her Voice for the First Time
Watch this 29 year old deaf woman’s reaction to hearing her voice for the first time!
- Paralyzed man touches girlfriend with robotic hand in emotional moment.
Robotic body parts create so many new opportunities for people. Tim used a robotic hand to touch his girlfriend for the first time in 7 years!
- Elevator smiles for the disabled
Your number one elevator need should be safety, but what’s your number 2,3,etc. If you’re visually impaired it may be announcements…
Some rights reserved by StayRAW
Tags: blind man, Gallaudet University, Hearing impairment, In Case You Missed It, iOS, iPhone, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Tommy Edison, Web 2.0